Our History

The Three Horseshoes Inn is a country pub and restaurant presently owned and run by Ashley Haworth. It is known locally as the Groesffordd.

Many visitors ask......but why the Groesffordd and why in such an odd place?

The Groesffordd started out as a house called Ty R Yr Groesffordd which loosely translated means......"House on the cross ways". At the time it was situated next to the railway line and Groesffordd Halt.

In 1846 a man named David Powell who was a local blacksmith decided that he would open a Blacksmith Shop and Inn in the house and named it The Three Horseshoes. The name was derived from the belief that when a horse lost it's shoe, the horse's owner would stop at the inn to re-shoe his horse and thus when they came, the horse only had three shoes.

The pub itself has had many landlords over the years but was kept in one family for over one hundred years.

Ashley Haworth has been running and renovating the pub since July 1997.